The mission of iTeQ Telehealth is to accompany older adults on the journey to successful aging—that is, health, independence, and a high quality of life—using intelligent telehealth as a foundation.
Our values rest on an approach where:
- The expectations and needs of older adults are a central concern.
- Older adults are at the centre of decisions about their own health.
- Caregivers, such as family, friends, and professionals, take responsibility for the older adult’s care.
- Usefulness, user-friendliness, and accessibility are built into our digital products.
- To prevent or delay older adults' decline and loss of autonomy by empowering them to take health into their own hands.
- To partner with older adults and expand their decision-making capacity with respect to their health and autonomy, enabling them to make the choices most suited to their needs and expectations all throughout the course of their life.
- To facilitate communication between older adults and health and social service professionals by putting them at the centre of the decision-making process and by developing a common language based on shared information that is both useful and usable.
- To make telehealth services accessible to all, regardless of their place of living and socioeconomic status, by using a participatory approach.
Quebec: a role model in aging for everyone. It's up to us to act together!